Monday, April 15, 2013

Who's with me?


"Perfection is not attainable but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence"
- Unknown Irish Coach



Last week, we had  a power flicker that took out our wireless network and with it went my lesson plan. So I went back to the old style of teaching. "Chalk and talk". I stood at the chalkboard for 30 minutes writing and speaking. The students sat there and wrote down what I put on the chalkboard. It was the first time in years that I've done that. It felt comfortable. It was easy to do.

How much did the students actually learn?

Last week, I was browsing Twitter and came across this blog post on "Weird Leadership"

One sentence in it struck me.

"Get off your butt and find a problem bigger than you."

I don't like "Chalk and talk", along with a whole bunch of other things we do in school.

God calls us to perfection. There has to be a better way.

I don't have answers, just a big target.

Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment