Monday, October 29, 2012

Why I teach!

Today I was in the middle of a history class in which we were studying how the early Christians lived and what made them so different from the Roman culture they lived in. One of my students became intrigued and asked a slightly off-topic question. What followed was one of those teachable moments that you dream of as a teacher.

"What is heaven like?"
"How can there be a good God when bad things happen?"
"How are we saved?"
"How do we know Christianity is true?"
"How can we trust the Bible?"
"Why are people afraid of death?" 

This is why I teach in a Christian school.

I get to answer the most important questions of all, and it's my job! I enjoyed that hour and a half with my students more than anything else. God blessed me with the chance to influence these young people and perhaps help them grow in faith. I love my job!!!!!!!!

I left them with one of my favourite stories. You can read a version of it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment