Thursday, February 4, 2016

The CEAF debacle

Like many others here in the Christian School community in Ontario I am part of the mess that has become CEAF, OACS, CRA, and a bunch of lawyers. (If you don't know what that alphabet soup of letters means, then this blog post isn't for you. You are welcome to return and visit some other time though!)

I've got an opinion on the mess if you want to hear it.

I understand that CEAF was acting in good faith when they started out on this road. They were doing their very best to find ways to reduce the cost of Christian Education. They were well advised  and made the best decision that they could. It's only in hindsight that it's so easy to condemn them.

So here's what really bothers me. That somewhere in our tiny community were enough to people to put a class action lawsuit together to get their pound of flesh! I had hoped that our Christian community would be better than this.

So here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to grab my slice of the pie! I'm going to grab MY MONEY in both hands. I'm going to hold onto it really tight.

For about one minute. That's how long it's going to take me to write a check to the OACS and donate "my money" right back to them. (If you want to add Bible verses to the comments on this blog about who's money it is I'd appreciate that.)

And that's my challenge to you.

Grab your slice of the pie.

Then give it away.

2 comments: