Monday, August 4, 2014

Paint and Sin

I stood in our bedroom surverying the beautiful walls in which I had strived for excellence.

This room was my act of worship to glorify my God.

But it was not truly perfect.

I could take you on a tour of the room and show you where my brush slipped and hit the ceiling. I tried to wipe it up, but I can still find it. I can show you the spot where I could have taken more time with drywall compound and sander to make it smoother. Or the spot where paint dripped from my brush and I didn't notice. or...or....or

I could blame it on the fact that I've never been trained. I don't have much practice, or skill. I could blame it on the contractor who was sloppy with the drywall. I could point out how I was running out of time and had to rush. I could make excuses.

It doesn't matter. Despite my best efforts it isn't perfect.

Even if I took more time, got more experience, got more training, found another contractor to redo the drywall, took the razorblade to the floor to remove the remnants of paint from the last painter, it would never be perfect.

Somewhere the brush would slip and it wouldn't be perfect.

It is the same for us, in all things.

I wish my students to learn the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment