Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Waiting....

I'm waiting.

Waiting for Thursday of this week.

I'm waiting because that's the deadline for the applications for the online project I've been running. Any parent who wishes their student to be a part of this program for next school year has to have their application in by then. (If you want to know more check out www.ceiada.org and read this blog as I share more of the journey that led me to where I am today.)

We need the applications then so we can decide what roles I will or will not take in our school this next year.

We have a minimum number of students we need in order to run it, and it's not guaranteed that we'll reach it.

I'm torn.

On one hand, I would love to do a second year of the program. It worked remarkably well this past year, despite a number of challenges, and I'd love to do year two because I can make it so much better now. I have so much more experience and so many ideas for how to make everything better.

On the other hand, I would love to go back to a "traditional" classroom because I have so many ideas and experiences that would make a classroom that I teach anything but "traditional". Which was one of the key purposes of this pilot program we're running in the first place.

So, when the final application arrives and we sit down next week to determine exactly what job I will be doing next year, I want both. I'd love to spend the next year re-fining an online program, or spend the year taking a "traditional" classroom and bending it as far outside of the box as I can. But there's only one of me and I can't. In the meantime.....

I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment